Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy call us at 941-627-5342 to schedule a free lesson today
Welcome to Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy,
Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy is a strong believer of the Positive Coaching Alliance. We strive to follow their ideals and teach with the focus of developing the athlete as a person and create success from within first.
A positive approach gets the most from youth and high school athletes, which is what coaches, parents and the athletes themselves want. Staying positive also helps youth get the most out of sports.
Encouraging athletes with positive reinforcement helps them hear and heed the necessary corrections. With that winning combination of truthful, specific praise and constructive criticism, athletic performance improves and so do the chances that kids stick with sports longer and learn all the valuable life lessons inherently available through organized competition.
Join us Under the Sea…
This week October 9-14, at Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy!
It’s “Under the Sea” for our little gymnasts!
Gymnastics classes will focus on Vault and Bars circuits with a Under the Sea Week theme.
Here are some of the fun Under the Sea Week activities planned for all classes:
- vaulting running and jumping drills teaching speed and coordination
- Pullovers on bars (teaches both core and arm strength)
- Plyometrics (Jumping over the Clown Fish)
- Forward and backward rolls
- handstands and shapes for better tumbling
And we will finish off the class with stamps, Goldfish and bubbles!
Looking forward to a great week of gymnastics! See you soon!
Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy
NEW Boys Ninja Gymnastics
Begins Monday, October 16 4:00-5:00 pm.
The benefits of the Boys Ninja Gymnastics:
- Fitness-Experiencing fun associated with fitness activities can create life-long positive fitness habits.
- Mental Focus-Learning how to concentrate on task and achieving goals.
- Balance-Gymnastics like balancing skills can transfer later to riding a bike.
- Social Skills-Taking turns, working with partners, sharing, making friends and acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
- Strength-climbing on the bars and ropes develops muscle strength.
- Flexibility-Improved range of motion throughout stretching and holding body positions.
- Coordination-Hand-ey coordination improves writing ability while eye-tracking improves reading readiness.
- Burn Calories-Help jumpstart a life of fitness.
- The Sport of ALL Sports-Gymnastics Ninja Classes prepare kids for ALL Sport!
Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy Receives
2017 Best of Port Charlotte Award
Port Charlotte Award Program Honors the Achievement
Congratulations to Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy for being awarded two years in a row "The 2017 Best of Port Charlotte Award".
Each year, in and around the Port Charlotte area, the Port Charlotte Award Program chooses only the best local businesses. Focusing on companies that have demonstrated their ability to grow their business a provide outstanding service to the community. Horizon Gymnastics & Dance Academy has been selected within their field of expertise and exemplifies the best of small business for 2017.
My Two children have been team members at Horizon Gymnastics since 2012. Practices are consistent the athletes stay busy learning new skills while having fun! Horizon's coaches have been there for my young athletes, pushing them to set and achieve goals, while rejoicing along side them as they succeed. Horizon has truly become a second family. We couldn't be happier with our initial decision enrolling our children at Horizon Gymnastics!!